Dr. Sadashiv Chaudhari
MBBS,D.N.B.(Gen.Surg), FALS; FIAGES; FMAS
Fellowship in Lap. Obesity Surgery (Belgium)
Dr. Sadashiv Chaudhari
Dr. Sadashiv Chaudhari is one of the leading and reputed Bariatric and Laparoscopic and general surgeons in Mumbai, India. He has a cumulative experience if 14 years in surgery with education from prominent institutions in India and Belgium.
What distinguishes Dr. Sadashiv from others is his ‘Patient First’ philosophy. One of the best attributes of him is that he is always readily available to his patients and goes out of his way to make them comfortable about the whole surgical process. His extraordinary skills which he mastered over the years along with a calm & composed mindset, make him one of the leading Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgeons in India.
Dr. Chaudhari began practicing General Surgery since 2009 and has successfully performed a large number of surgeries. He also performed several Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries at K.J. Somaiya Medical College where he practiced from 2011 to 2013. He is attached to KEM hospital, Mumbai since 2013. He has numerous accolades, one of them being that he was the one who performed the very first Gastric Bypass Bariatric Surgery at KEM Hospital, Mumbai and thus, became one of the pioneers and founding members of the Bariatric Surgery at the KEM Hospital.
Dr. Chaudhari began practicing at a grassroots level and over the years, he has served in different capacities in various MCGM Hospitals in Mumbai. This gives him an edge over other practitioners as he has worked extensively at all levels. In addition to his private practice, Dr. Chaudhari is associated with a vast range of hospitals across Mumbai like Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chembur, Somaiya Super Specialty Hospital, Sion, Fortis Hospital, Vashi to name a few. Apart from this, Dr. Chaudhari works as an Assistant professor at the prestigious and leading tertiary care center in India – Seth G S Medical College and K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai.
Over the years, he has performed more than 5000 laparoscopic procedures and has gained expertise in various surgical fields like Bariatric(weight loss) surgeries, Laparoscopic surgery like laparoscopic cholecystectomy (Gall bladder removal), Laparoscopic Appendix surgeries, Gastro-Intestinal (GI) and Hernia surgeries.
His services include –
Laparoscopic Gall Bladder (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy)
Laparoscopic Fundoplication for Hiatus Hernia
Laparoscopic Hellers Cardiomyotomy for Achalasia Cardia
E- TEP RS for Ventral Hernia
Laparoscopic IPOM Plus for ventral hernia
Laparoscopic Cystogastrotomy for Pseudocyst of Pancreas
Laparoscopic Colonic surgeries for Cancer Colon and Rectum
Abdominal wall reconstruction (AWR) procedures for giant abdominal wall, incisional hernias like component separation TAR …transverse abdominis release
Education & Research
To give you a little bit overview of his education, Dr. Chaudhari completed his MBBS from the Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences in 2004 and his Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in General Surgery from Kamineni Hospital, L.B Nagar Hyderabad in 2009. To further hone his skills, Dr. Chaudhari started his fellowship at A- Z Sint Jan Hospital , Bruges, Belgium to acquire the latest skills and techniques required in Bariatric Surgeries. A- Z Sint Jan Hospital has recorded the largest number of Gastric bypass surgeries .
Dr. Chaudhari deeply believes in giving back to the society and involved in training the young and dynamic fleet of surgeons in India. He actively conducts workshops and conferences and imparts his knowledge to the young minds of our nation!
Dr. Chaudhari maintains a keen interest in research & has many research papers to his credit. He has been associated in performing procedures in hernia using novel & latest techniques. Moreover, he has the maximum number Subcutaneous Onlay Laparoscopic Approach (SCOLA) surgeries to his credit. SCOLA is novel procedure in treatment of umbilical and small ventral hernias with diastasis of recti.
More Info About Doctor
|NAME OF THE DEGREE/COURSE||NAME OF THE INSTITUTION STUDIED AT||BOARD/ UNIVERSITY OF EXAMINATION||
Month and Year of Passing
|D.N.B ( Gen surg)
|Kamineni hospitals, L.B. nagar Hyderabad.||National board of examination||Dec 2009|
|M.B.B.S.||Pravara medical trust’s Rural medical college||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences||Dec 2004|
Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Obesity Surgery.(Belgium)
Completed fellowship in bariatric surgery in 2016 at A-Z sint Jan Hospital, Brugge, Belgium. Its hands on fellowship under the guidance of Dr. Bruno Dillemans who has done more than 12000 gastric bypass surgeries, one of the worlds highest number of gastric bypass surgeries.
- Foreign body induced jejunocolic fistula
- Role of diagnostic laparoscopy in trauma abdomen
- Unusual thrombocytosis in post spleenectomy patient
- Comparative role of CRP and Procalcitonin in case of sepsis
- Role of diagnostic laparoscopy in abdominal malignancy
- Tuberculosis of pancreas mimicking as neoplasm of pancreas. Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 54, No.3,2012
- Extranodal manifestation of Sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy ( Rosai- dorfman Disease) involving the eyelids. . Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 55, No.4,2013
- A cross sectional study of Amoebic liver abscess at a tertiary care hospital in Mumbai. Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 55, No.3,2013
- A rare case of Non small cell carcinoma lung metastasis presenting as a cheek mass with occult primary. Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 55, No.2,2013
- Pleomorphic adenoma originating from submandibular salivary gland mimicking as a submandibular abscess. . Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 55, No.2,2013
- Rare case of double hit lymphoma involving the cervical group of lymphnodes. . Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 55, No.2, 2013
- Tuberculous mastitis – a risising incidence. . Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 56, No.1,2014
- Unusual presentation of Rectal carcinoma presenting as deep vein thrombosis. . Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 56, No.1,2014
- Laparoscopic removal of giant gastroduodenal Bezoar. World journal of Laparoscopic surgery, May-August2016;9(2)101-103
- Infarcted accessory spleen masquerading as a mesenteric cyst. BMJ case reports, July –August2018:
- The role of prophylactic Octreotide in preventing ERCP induced pancreatitis. Journal of evidence based medicine and healthcare,2018, vol5, 3369-3373
- Clinical profile, complication and current management of Amoebic liver abscess – a study of 100 consecutive cases. Journal of evidence based medicine, 2019, vol 6, 2420-2422.
SKILLS and PROFICIENCIES
- During my posts in various Hospitals across Mumbai, I gained skills in operating upon many Major GI as well as non-GI surgeries.
- Assisted as well as performed many major GI ONCO and HPB surgeries.
- Performed basic laparoscopic surgeries (lap Cholecystectomy – 900+, lap Appendectomy – 600+) and advanced laparoscopic surgeries like lap incisional hernia repair, lap inguinal hernia repair, lap fundoplication, lap Cardiomyotomy, lap right hemi colectomy, bariatric surgeries including sleeve gastrectomy, RYGBP, mini gastric bypass, lap splenectomy, , lap APR, AR, , lap rectopexy .
- Post-operative care of patients undergoing major surgeries including managing patients in the surgical ICU (SICU).
- Have independent surgical skills in treating All basic minor and major general surgical procedures Major polytrauma and abdominal trauma Critically ill surgical ICU patient
- has undergone training in basic and advanced endoscopy . Routinely does endoscopies